Mar 18, 2013 / 5:00 pm
It's no joke.
Parking fees at Kelowna International Airport (YLW) are scheduled to change on April 1, 2013.
On Oct. 17, 2011, Kelowna City Council approved an increase to certain airport fees, including vehicle parking fees which included an increase on April 1 in 2012 and 2013. However, with the elimination of the HST, parking fees will not increase as much as previously expected.
“Our focus is to stay revenue neutral,” says Airport Administration and Finance Manager Noreen Redman. “We’ve had it in our plan to increase the parking rates this year; it just became a little more complicated with changes in the HST.”
As of April 1, 2013 parking fee rates at YLW will be as follows:
Short Term Lot:
- $1.50 for the first hour (includes the first 15 minutes free)
- $2.50 for each additional hour or part thereof to a maximum of $17 per 24 hours
Long Term Lot - $1.50 per hour or part thereof (includes the first 15 minutes free), to a maximum of $11 per 24 hours and a weekly maximum rate of $52.
Gold Pass - $845 for a six month pass for the short term lot
Curbside Metres - $1.75 for 30 minutes
North End Lot and North Airport Way - First 24 hours free and $7 for each 24 hour period or part thereof.
On April 1 the HST will be replaced with a seven per cent PST and five per cent GST. Only GST is applicable to vehicle parking fees which is embedded in the airport’s parking fee for ease of cash payment.
A survey of YLW’s fees and charges shows that YLW remains in the low range of similar sized airports such as Victoria, Prince George, Regina, Saskatoon, Thunder Bay, and Halifax.
For more information on YLW visit the airport’s official website at ylw.kelowna.ca.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17