Mar 18, 2013 / 3:30 pm
RCMP in Kelowna are looking for the driver of an SUV who caused fatal injuries to a dog late last month.
According to Cst. Kris Clark just before 4 p.m. on Feb 28, a 59-year-old man was walking his dog in the 1400 block of Graham Street when a vehicle started to back out of a parking stall.
The man tried to pull his dog back, but the SUV drove over the dog causing serious injuries.
"It was apparent that the dog required immediate veterinary services but the driver was more concerned for the interior of his expensive vehicle and declined to take the dog to a vet, indicating instead that he would bring one to the scene," says Clark.
The driver then left in his vehicle without exchanging any information.
The dog succumbed to its injuries the following day.
The driver is described as:
- a 50-55 year old man
- approximately 5'9"
- 170 lbs
- with brown hair.
- He was driving a newer blue SUV of unknown make.
Anyone with any information regarding the identity of the driver is asked to call the Kelowna RCMP, Cst Chenard, at 250-762-3300. Remain anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477, online or text to CRIMES (274637) ktown.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19