Mar 18, 2013 / 10:35 am
UBCO hosted MLA Norm Letnick over the weekend, and several guest speakers who are experts on the topics of death and dying.
The free seminar, which took place Saturday, March 16, included discussions on the stages of grief, personal stories, how families can prepare themselves for the loss of a loved one and other end-of-life issues.
Guest speakers included:
Dr. Barbara Pesut, Associate Professor at the UBCO School of Nursing, who seeks to improve care for individuals at end-of-life with a focus on a good death and supporting family caregivers in rural areas.
Dr. Carole A. Robinson, Associate Professor and Registered Nurse, who spoke about her passion for contributing to high quality palliative and end-of-life care. Dr. Robinson specializes in advanced care planning, and family palliative caregiving.
Dr. Hal Siden, Medical Director at Canuck Place, has advanced training in biochemical diseases, developmental pediatrics, palliative medicine, pain management and pediatric hypnosis.
Ross Langford, a partner at the Kelowna law firm of Farris, Vaughan, Wills & Murphy LLP, is actively involved in many capacities in the community and has served in many business and charitable capacities.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17