Mar 18, 2013 / 2:55 pm
Update: The City of Kelowna confirmed a bylaw officer is investigating the washed up boat near Mission Creek.
According to Tom Wilson, communications supervisor, the City’s bylaw enforcement department is in the process of notifying the Provincial Receiver of Wrecks, who has jurisdiction for removing abandoned boats.
If an owner can be identified through the investigation, that information will be forwarded to the Receiver of Wrecks.
Did somebody lose a boat?
Neal Jones was taking a walk when he spotted this boat washed up at the mouth of Mission Creek.
According to an email from a Castanet reader, the boat was originally moored nearby.
When the city required that it be moved, it was abandoned and came loose from its moorings.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19