Mar 17, 2013 / 6:00 pm
The news was not good for Kelowna's Kelsey Serwa.
Back in Kelowna after tweaking her surgically repaired left knee, Serwa received results Saturday after an MRI to determine the extent of the damage.
"Down and out with another blown ACL," Serwa tweeted to fans Saturday.
The same message also appeared on her Facebook page.
This means more surgery to repair the damage to the same left knee which required surgery after a torn ACL a year ago.
Serwa tweaked her knee in training for the Freestyle World Championships in Voss, Norway more than a week ago.
Since returning to the circuit following her first surgery, Serwa won twice, finished second once and fourth once on the World Cup Skicross circuit.
She needed just one more top 16 finish to secure a berth in next year's Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
“We found out (about Serwa’s injury) last night and it was really devastating,” said Marielle Thompson after finishing second at a World Cup race in Are, Sweden Sunday.
“We were all pretty shocked. It was really frustrating . . . but she will be back.”
“She’s our best girl and when she’s healthy she’s the favourite every day,” Canadian ladies head coach Eric Archer said of Serwa.
“When one of your top racers goes down it’s tough for the whole team.”
It has yet to be announced when the surgery will be performed.
Read more Sports News
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Penticton Lakers
- Okanagan College Coyotes
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Westside Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Kelowna Ball Hockey
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Sunplex Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Lake Country Old-Timers Hockey Association
- Orchard City Hockey League
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan All Stars Hockey Club
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
- Kelowna Women's Soccer
- Kelowna Men's Soccer
- Okanagan Challenge
- Kelowna United FC
- Central Okanagan Youth
- Kelowna Youth Soccer
- Westside Youth Soccer
- Rutland Youth Soccer
- Lake Country Youth Soccer
- Penticton Soccer Club
- South Okanagan Similkameen Youth Soccer
- Thompson Okanagan Football Club
- Sunplex Futsal League
- Pepsi Premier Soccer League
- CSA | FIFA | MLS
- Kelowna AquaJets
- Liquid Lightning Swim Club
- Ogopogo Summer Swim Club
- Okanagan Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Badminton Club
- The Penticton Yacht & Tennis
- OK Mission Tennis
- Lakeview Heights Tennis
- Vernon Tennis Association
- Squash BC Okanagan League
- ESPN Tennis
Does your local team have a website?
Email us to add your community sports link.
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us firstname.lastname@example.org for publication here.
- Colin Miller to guide Canadian men's soccer team at Gold Cup
- Spain doubles up Italy to win U-21 European championship
- Sochi Games projects will lose billions, top Russian bank official says
- Brazilian protests occurring outside some Confederations Cup stadiums
- Pavel Datsyuk agrees to 3-year extension with Red Wings
- Sharks extension for Logan Couture reportedly done
- Wharnsby: Bruins make Blackhawks look ordinary
- Eskimos QB Matt Nichols out for season with knee injury
- Stanley Cup Playoffs: Tuesday's Need To Know
- Aussies, Iran, South Korea all qualify for 2014 World Cup
- Watch & Chat: Blackhawks at Bruins, Game 4
- Reed: Tahiti an embarrassment to Confed Cup
(Click for RSS instructions.)