Mar 17, 2013 / 5:37 pm
A coroner in Indiana is saying people were killed when a plane crashed in a northern Indiana neighbourhood.
Deputy St. Joseph County Coroner Michael O'Connell said, "Fatalities have been confirmed at the scene."
He would not say how many people are dead.
Authorities say the private jet was experiencing mechanical trouble when it crashed Sunday. It hit three homes, becoming lodged in one of them.
Read more World News
- Penn urges US to pressure Bolivia
- Missing in Mexico
- United Airlines resumes 787 flights
- Jackson concerts cost AEG $24M
- Oklahoma school takes direct hit
- James Caan revisits the '70s at Cannes
- Military sex abuse victims seek care
- Did North Korea launch missiles?
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma
- Wave of attacks in Iraq, kill at least 70
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
(Click for RSS instructions.)