Mar 17, 2013 / 7:05 am
The Duchess of Cambridge says she doesn't know the sex of her first child, but she hopes it's a boy.
Her husband Prince William, however, would prefer a girl.
The former Kate Middleton, who is five months pregnant, made the revelation to a soldier Sunday at a St. Patrick's Day ceremony honouring the Irish Guards.
Guardsman Lee Wheeler said the duchess told him: "I'd like to have a boy and William would like a girl."
The duchess wore a green dress coat and a shamrock lapel pin as she presented sprigs of shamrock to soldiers in the annual ceremony at a barracks in Aldershot, southern England.
She suffered a minor mishap when one of her high heels became briefly stuck in a drainage grille.
Read more World News
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- Pope decries banks over people
- French gay marriage law signed
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
- North Korea fires 3 short-range missiles
(Click for RSS instructions.)