The BC Arts Council (BCAC) has approved $194,888 in grants to support arts and culture in the Central Okanagan.
Local museums, art galleries, and community arts councils throughout B.C. received grants that will help support their annual operations. Approved funding also includes grants for filmmakers, painters, musicians, writers, media, and theatre artists.
"Part of what makes the Central Okanagan such a great place to live is our wide range of cultural activities. They help create a stronger sense of community and I’m sure with this sustained support, they will continue their great work,” said Kelowna-Mission MLA Steve Thomson.
As the B.C. government’s key funding and development agency for the arts, the council enlists input from British Columbia’s arts community to evaluate grant applications through an independent peer review process.
What’s being funded:
- The Kelowna Ballet Society- $7,000
- Arts Council of the Central Okanagan- $16,688
- Amar Chebib- Arts Award- Media Arts- $25,000
- Jake Kennedy - Arts Award- Creative Writing- $5,000
- Jana Luksts - Junior Scholarship- $2,500
- Cool Arts Society- $2,000
- Kelowna Art Gallery Association- $51,500
- Kelowna Museums Society- $62,200
- Okanagan Artists’ Alternative Association/Alternator Gallery- $23,000
For a list of BCAC grant recipients by community, click here.