Mar 16, 2013 / 8:53 am
Thanks Kelowna! The free skate put on by Castanet and Creative Okanagan Artist and Event Development Society was a huge success. Well over 200 people attended, many brought food for the Kelowna Food Bank.
A special thanks to Ryan Donn who worked with Castanet to put on the event. Board members of Creative Okanagan, George Tozer (President) and John Perrott (Vice President), also pitched in on the day of the event .
Tozer worked keeping everyone safe, getting on and off the ice, he even brought in kid's rails from another arena so the little ones could enjoy themselves. Perrott laced them up for skate patrol.
Thanks to Kelowna City staff and the crew at Prospera who were behind the event from the start.
Joel Kutschera's Vital Waters Inc. donated the water and cups and Sacha Pelletier's great team at Starbucks in Mission Creek supplied the coffee.
We will have a video covering the event on tomorrow (Sunday). Here are a few photos from the afternoon on the ice.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Disabled person given the squeeze Dec 7
- Free Wi-Fi Dec 7
- Jail for man who beat his grandfather Dec 7
- Another transit driver assaulted Dec 6
- Kelowna taxpayers face hike Dec 6
- Tree of Memories honours loved ones Dec 5
- Santa goes hog wild with toy donations Dec 5
- Women's shelter launches text campaign Dec 5
- Neighbourhood crime map Dec 5
- Yacht club build behind schedule Dec 5