Mar 15, 2013 / 2:00 pm
Highway 97 just north of Quesnel is closed in both directions as police investigate a fatal motor vehicle crash.
The crash occurred just after 9 a.m. Friday and, according to DriveBC the stretch of highway may not re-open until late afternoon or early evening.
According to police, southbound traffic had been stopped in the area temporarily to accommodate a tow truck working on an unrelated matter.
One of the southbound vehicles pulled into the northbound lane in an attempt to continue south.
The maneuver resulted in a head-on collision with a northbound pickup truck.
A passenger in the southbound vehicle succumbed to injuries sustained in the crash.
Members of the RCMP and BC Coroners Service are currently at the scene.
There is no detour available around the scene.
Read more BC News
- Saanich man, 85, beat in home invasion
- Driver, 11, flips jeep killing 12-year-old
- Air force helps rescue hiker
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
(Click for RSS instructions.)