Mar 15, 2013 / 7:11 am
There's more evidence that Canada's real estate market is continuing to cool.
The Canadian Real Estate Association says resales of houses and condos through its members fell 2.1 per cent month-to-month in February.
That reversed a small gain in January.
On a year-over-year basis, last month's activity was down 15.8 per cent, a decline that was exaggerated slightly by an extra day in February 2012
The association says the national average price for homes sold in February through its members was $368,895.
That is a one per cent decline from the same month last year, although CREA says there would have been a small increase without Vancouver's numbers.
Read more The Accidental Journey articles
- Controlling the outcome of a meeting Nov 1
- Can't see the trees for the forest? Oct 25
- Don't pity - self discipline! Oct 18
- Leadership style Oct 11
- Struggle is nothing new? Oct 4
- Just getting it done Sep 27
- Resort real estate report Sep 20
- Digging deep Sep 6
- Mortgage rates take a hike Aug 30
- Happiness is a learned habit Aug 16
- Real recovery or inflationary pressures? Aug 2
- Housing markets showing positive signs Jul 19
(Click for RSS instructions.)