Mar 15, 2013 / 7:11 am
There's more evidence that Canada's real estate market is continuing to cool.
The Canadian Real Estate Association says resales of houses and condos through its members fell 2.1 per cent month-to-month in February.
That reversed a small gain in January.
On a year-over-year basis, last month's activity was down 15.8 per cent, a decline that was exaggerated slightly by an extra day in February 2012
The association says the national average price for homes sold in February through its members was $368,895.
That is a one per cent decline from the same month last year, although CREA says there would have been a small increase without Vancouver's numbers.
Read more The Accidental Journey articles
- Springing into action Apr 26
- Make real money in real estate Apr 19
- CEO outsourcing Apr 12
- Overtime pressure Apr 5
- New direction Mar 29
- Real-estate market cool in February Mar 15
- One day we will know the truth! Mar 15
- Sluggish start Mar 8
- Media gang violence and real estate! Mar 1
- Honest new development sales Feb 22
- Our own worst enemies Feb 15
- Spring maintenance checklist Jan 25
(Click for RSS instructions.)