Vernon and North Okanagan
Mar 14, 2013 / 2:51 pm
One person has been arrested and police are searching for another suspect after their proactive patrols – stemming from a recent rash of vehicle thefts – nabbed the alleged thief.
Officers were altered to a car alarm going off in the 6000 block of Cummins Road shortly after 4 a.m. this morning. An 18-year-old man was arrested and taken into custody. At the same time they noticed a suspicious vehicle fleeing the area at a high rate of speed.
Police found the vehicle abandoned a short time later and determined it had been earlier taken from a residence. A police dog was brought in but unable to track the scent.
Vernon RCMP note they are in the infancy stage of the investigation and are trying to determine if the thefts are related to a string of robberies that have recently happened in the area.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- CN confirms interest in rail line Dec 3
- Two cats perish in mobile home fire Dec 2
- Expired car insurance leads to pot bust Dec 2
- Icy road accidents began this weekend Dec 2
- Weather playing havoc on drivers Dec 2
- RCMP bust 16 in drug trafficking case Dec 2
- Guilty plea entered in child porn case Nov 29