Mar 14, 2013 / 12:14 pm
A teacher at a Northern California preschool accused of putting sleeping pills into toddlers' sippy cups has been released from custody after being charged with child endangerment.
KGO-TV reports that 59-year-old Debbie Gratz is scheduled to appear in court again later this month.
She was arrested Friday after a colleague at the Morgan Hill Kiddie Academy saw her put an unknown substance into the children's cups.
School officials notified police on Monday, who said Gratz acknowledged putting the over-the-counter sleeping aid "Sominex" into the kids' drinks.
None of the children drank from the cups the day the incident was reported.
Gratz did not return calls to KGO seeking comment.
Information from: KGO-TV.
Read more World News
- Wave of attacks in Iraq, kill at least 70
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- French gay marriage law signed
- Pope decries banks over people
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
(Click for RSS instructions.)