Mar 12, 2013 / 11:17 am
First lady Michelle Obama is the latest public figure to have her credit report and other personal information leaked online by a website posting private data on celebrities and government officials.
The FBI and the Secret Service are investigating the site, which has credit information on stars such as Mel Gibson, Jay-Z and his wife Beyonce, and former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
The website includes Social Security numbers, U.S. identification numbers, for 17 individuals and most of its pages have links to recently-generated credit reports. It bears an Internet suffix originally assigned to Soviet Union.
The site does not state why the individuals were targeted or how their data was obtained, but its Twitter account has an anti-police message.
Read more World News
- Tornado death toll now at 24
- Did cheese fight lead to poisoning?
- Photographer describes kids' rescue
- Singer, 18, now up in the Clouds
- White House staff knew of tax probe
- Penn urges US to pressure Bolivia
- Missing in Mexico
- United Airlines resumes 787 flights
- Jackson concerts cost AEG $24M
- Oklahoma school takes direct hit
- James Caan revisits the '70s at Cannes
- Military sex abuse victims seek care
(Click for RSS instructions.)