Mar 12, 2013 / 7:33 am
Environment Canada is calling for periods of wet snow mixed with rain to continue falling in Kelowna until the afternoon when it will switch to a 40 per cent chance of showers with the snow level rising to 1700 metres.
Tonight will stay cloudy with a low down to 5 C, tomorrow a mix of sun and cloud and a high of 14 C.
The Okanagan Connector and the Coquihalla Highway are both experiencing compact snow with slushy sections from the junction of Highway 5A at Aspen Grove to Pennask Summit. DriveBC is warning drivers to keep their distance around snowplows and slow down. Around 10 centimetres of new snow is expected to fall between Merritt and Hope this morning and less than half of that will fall on the connector.
The Trans Canada Highway between Eagle Pass and Rogers Pass is also calling for up to 10 centimetres of snow today and motorists are encouraged to slow down for compact snow and to watch for potholes. There is also reports of falling ice on some sections of Highway 1.
Read more BC News
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
- Body found following swimming tragedy
(Click for RSS instructions.)