Mar 11, 2013 / 7:24 pm
The father of a deaf man from Kamloops, says his son was robbed and pushed over a three storey railing while staying at a resort hotel in Mexico.
Ron Simpson says his son Kevin suffered a broken hip, skull fracture and crushed ankle in the attack in Cabo San Lucas last weekend.
He says Kevin was robbed of $850 and pushed off a third floor level of the hotel to the concrete below.
He calls the attack a case of attempted murder.
Simpson says his son is in hospital in San Jose, Mexico, and is in good spirits, but he needs to be brought home to get more medical attention.
The Canadian foreign affairs department says it's investigating the incident. (CHNL)
Read more BC News
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
(Click for RSS instructions.)