Vernon and North Okanagan
Mar 11, 2013 / 12:53 pm
A 24-year-old Kamloops man was taken into custody after playing bumper in downtown Vernon on Saturday.
The incident occurred about 12:30 p.m. in the area of 32 Avenue and 34 Street in downtown Vernon.
Police were called after the driver of a 2003 Chevy Impala hit four parked vehicles and a lamp standard before driving away.
The vehicle eventually made its way into the 3600 block of 24 Avenue where it struck a parked van and pickup truck.
Police apprehended the man who did not have a valid BC driver's licence.
He was taken into custody for alcohol related driving offences and failure to remain at the scene of an accident.
Police say they have several witnesses to the events. Their investigation continues.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Two people pulled from Shuswap River Jun 17
- Fire ban set for Kamloops Fire Centre Jun 15
- Sawmill fire destroys building Jun 14
- RCMP officer faces child porn charge Jun 14
- In memory of Taylor Jun 14
- Sunshine will be out this weekend Jun 13
- Structural issues shut down theatre Jun 12