Mar 11, 2013 / 11:24 am
West Kelowna Council will be asked to award the contract for Phase 3 of the Gellatly Road upgrade to R & L Excavating out of Kelowna.
The Kelowna company came in with the lowest of six bids received for the project at just under $2.3M.
With optional water and parking work plus a %15 per cent contingency, council set aside nearly $3.1M for the project.
A tender was issued a year ago, however, council put a temporary halt to the project to allow staff to conduct a technical analysis and provide cost estimate for redesign of Phase 3 for provision of additional parking along Gellatly Road.
The project was re-tendered in January.
The original design allowed for 22 parallel parking stalls. The new re-design shows room for an additional 17 stalls with an additional cost of close to $60,000.
A water supply main and service connection to the CNR Wharf area was also tendered as optional work at a cost of almost $54,000 to service future development to the site
Phase 3 would upgrade Gellatly Road from Angus Drive northward to just beyond the CNR Wharf to the two lane urban local road standard that has been constructed in 2010 and 2011 from The Cove Lakeside Resort to Willow Beach adjacent to Angus Drive.
Construction is expected to begin soon after the tender is awarded and it is to be complete by June 21.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Cdn. singer highlights Westside Daze Jun 13
- Premier ready to work for your vote Jun 12
- Heritage buildings saved from fire Jun 12
- West Kelowna opts for new score clock Jun 12
- Westside-Kelowna voting information Jun 12
- Byelection date set for July 10 Jun 12
- Traffic calming options explored Jun 12
- Dix comes out swinging Jun 12
- Carole Gordon Vs. Christy Clark Jun 11
- Hockeyville $$$ for a clock or sign Jun 10