Mar 10, 2013 / 8:32 am
Update: The Southeast District Major Crime Unit have made an arrest in the homicide of a 47 year old male that happened in Kimberley B.C. Friday, March 8.
The subject’s 37 year old girl friend has been arrested and is currently being held in custody pending a court appearance.
The investigation is still in the early stages and police have not confirmed the cause of death.
Police would like to assure the public this is not a random act.
Southeast District Major Crime Section along with the BC Coroner’s Service is investigating a suspicious death in Kimberley.
On March 8, RCMP were called to a residence in Marysville (suburb of Kimberley), upon attendance they located a deceased male. The death appeared suspicious and as such the investigators secured the scene and requested the assistance of major crime.
This investigation is in the early stages as police are still gathering information to determine what happened stated Cpl Chris Newel of the Kimberley RCMP.
Further information is not available at this time; however, when new information is available an updated release may be distributed.
Read more BC News
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
(Click for RSS instructions.)