Mar 8, 2013 / 4:56 pm
Okanagan Mission Secondary School’s Social Media class received a grant for $15,000 from the BC provincial government today.
The press release from School District 23 states:
"This money will be used to fund an anti-bullying campaign aimed at raising online awareness. We believe strongly in promoting a positive image online, and in practicing good digital citizenship.
We have been working hard on brainstorming ideas for this project. When our application for the grant was accepted, there
was much celebration. Our most ambitious ideas can now become reality!
MLA Steve Thomson and Trustees Moyra Baxter and Chris Gorman were nice enough to visit our school today and discuss the possibilities of the project with us.
Their support is appreciated and we look forward to exceeding their expectations!"
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7