Mar 9, 2013 / 7:04 am
Cadets from the 909 Peregrine Squadron in West Kelowna are making their mark in Valcartier, QC.
Six cadets from the West Kelowna squadron are in the Quebec city as part of the 12 member BC team competing at the Cadet National Biathlon Championship.
Competition wrapped up Friday with local competitors bringing home six gold, one silver and one bronze medal.
The three member women's team cleaned up in their events winning gold in six of eight events they competed in.
Tekarra Banser won gold in the junior women's mass start and pursuit events while Jennah Smailes captured the senior women's mass start and pursuit events.
The two combined with Devon Strilchuk to finish first in the unit relay and unit patrol competitions.
The three member men's team of Devon Greenhalg, Hudson Smailes and Hezekiah Koop finished second in the unit relay and fourth in the unit patrol.
Greenhalg won a bronze medal in the youth men's individual pursuit and fourth in the mass start event.
Koop finished fourth in pursuit and sixth in mass start.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Pub staff and patrons become heroes May 13
- Creeks in West Kelowna remain stable May 13
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10