Mar 8, 2013 / 1:27 pm
A keeper was injured trying to corral some gorillas that somehow managed to get into a kitchen at the Calgary Zoo.
The man was treated in hospital for undisclosed minor injuries and released.
The zoo says it isn't sure exactly how many of the western lowland gorillas got into the kitchen.
An official says the zoo called in its emergency response team to deal with the big, hairy, mammals, which can weight as much as 270 kilograms.
There are eight of the gorillas, which are native to central Africa, at the Calgary Zoo.
The zoo says at no time was the public at any risk.
Read more Canada News
- Clark wins war but not her own battle
- Missing man's remains found
- Beach trip for bus beheader
- Ferry officer guilty of criminal negligence
- Female dies after high school rugby play
- 200 flee foothills fires in Alberta
- Hadfield: Social media's Space Oddity
- Evacuation orders from Alberta wildfires
- Mother's heart broken on Mother's Day
- Bodychecking banned in Nova Scotia
- Captain Canada packs his bags
- Looking for illegal downloaders