Mar 7, 2013 / 12:00 pm
A 70-year-old Grand Forks woman has died as a result of injuries suffered in a single vehicle crash on Highway 3 east of Greenwood.
The crash occurred shortly before 10 a.m. Wednesday.
According to police the woman was travelling west on Highway 3 and lost control while entering a sharp corner.
The vehicle left the road on the right, overturned and crossed the road into the eastbound ditch where it came to rest.
The driver, Shiela Ann Hackett, was transported to Grand Forks Hospital where she later succumbed to her injuries.
Road conditions were slippery with some slush and light snow falling at the time.
Police remind motorists that, despite the time of year, winter conditions are still upon us - take extra caution and drive to conditions.
Read more BC News
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
(Click for RSS instructions.)