Mar 6, 2013 / 9:29 am
It's a royal secret, but the Duchess of Cambridge may have inadvertently dropped a hint about the gender of the baby she and Prince William are expecting.
When a wellwisher gave the former Kate Middleton a teddy bear during a rare public appearance Tuesday, one woman in the crowd said she heard Kate respond: "Thank you, I will take that for my d..." before she broke off her comments.
That reported exchange was enough for Britain's tabloids to trumpet "It's a girl" in Wednesday's papers.
Sandra Cook, who was standing near Kate, told reporters that she asked Kate if she had been about to say, 'daughter' and was told at first that the royal couple did not know and then that the couple would not reveal the child's gender.
Read more World News
- Wave of attacks in Iraq, kill at least 70
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- Pope decries banks over people
- French gay marriage law signed
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
(Click for RSS instructions.)