Mar 5, 2013 / 4:16 pm
A 23-year-old resident of Pearson Road in Rutland was shot in the hand during what was first reported as a possible break-in.
Police say they responded to a 911 call reporting several people trying to break into the garage of a house in the 200 block of Pearson Road shortly before 5 a.m. Sunday.
After initial investigation police turned the focus on the residents themselves.
The legitimacy of the home invasion is being assessed.
The victim of the gunshot wound was taken into custody, however, he was released pending further investigation.
RCMP say the incident was not a random act of violence and do not believe it to be gang related.
The firearm, a pistol, was seized from the home.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17