Mar 7, 2013 / 5:00 am
I’m tired… this hurts… I’m not good at this…. it’s too hard…. I want to stop! Have you ever caught yourself thinking or saying these or other thoughts like this while exercising? If you take a quick minute to think about the thoughts that enter your mind during your workouts or fitness activities, even day to day in life itself… what connection do you note between the role your thoughts play and the outcome of your performance?
Having awareness around the many thoughts that enter your mind, is the first step to making a positive and successful change. If you acknowledge that your thoughts are slowing you down, try this simple and effective exercise that will change the way you think and have you developing your very own “power thoughts” making you more successful in all aspects of life!
Change your self-limiting thoughts into ‘power thoughts’:
- Write down all of the negative or self-limiting thoughts that you catch yourself thinking on a regular basis, absolutely everything you think about yourself in any area of life. The bigger the list the better…. Get it all out!
- Take a good read over the list you have just written, some of your thoughts just might shock you! Feel the emotion in each thought.
- Write a new “power thought” next to each negative one. (Example #1: I am tired… I have to stop! Power thought: I am full of energy…. I am finishing this at 150%).
- Bring the emotion from the negative limiting thought into the new power thought! Emotions and visuals will make it more natural to connect to the power thoughts.
Why is it that we would never allow friends, family or loved ones to speak these negative things about us, but the person who should love you the most … yourself, is the person who says the most hurtful and destroying comments. With your awareness now centered on your new list of power thoughts… catch yourself thinking the negative and replacing it with the positive! Give it a week of transforming your thoughts, and see how your actions, workouts and life will slowly start to transform!
If you have any comments, questions or topic ideas contact Kasie at email@example.com
Read more Kasie's Health & Fitness Tips articles
- No more plateaus! Mar 21
- Power thoughts Mar 7
- Benefits of exercise & mental health! Feb 21
- How's your posture? Feb 7
- Readers questions answered Jan 24
- Feeding the soul Jan 10
- Is 2013 your year for success? Dec 13
- Self-sabotage Nov 29
- Time saving fitness tips! Nov 15
- Speeding up your metabolism Nov 1
- Prenatal fitness Oct 18
- Have you said 'YES' to you? Oct 4
(Click for RSS instructions.)