Mar 6, 2013 / 5:00 am
When Ballet Kelowna performs on March 15 at the Community Theatre, it may very well be the company’s final performance at home.
It was announced last month that the company would be suspending operations due to financial difficulties following the company’s 10th anniversary season. Since the news broke, there has been an outpouring of community support from individuals and businesses, which will help Ballet Kelowna finish their season.
The company will be taking the stage in communities across BC this spring, including outreach performances in several schools and dates in Vernon, Creston, Salmon Arm, Summerland, Coquitlam and Mission.
This final performance wraps up a decade of artistic excellence and will take the audience on a journey through Spain, Russia, England and Canada.
More information on the future of Ballet Kelowna can be found here.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16