Mar 4, 2013 / 4:08 pm
Emergency crews jumped into action this afternoon when someone noticed a hole in the ice of Art Pond, just behind Barski Industries on Westlake Road.
An officer on scene told Castanet.net they found a hoodie covered in ice near the shore and believe someone had broken through the ice, then managed to make their way to shore.
Emergency crews arrived around 2 p.m. they went on the ice and checked the opening in the ice.
No one was found.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9