Mar 4, 2013 / 5:53 am
Local artists had the spotlight Saturday night, and a red carpet, at the Kelowna Community Theatre for the 2013 Okanagan Arts Awards.
Artists, their guests, and supporters were treated to an elegant evening of Summerhill Pyramid Winery’s Sparkling Wine paired with superbly delicious appetizers created by Chef Michael Lyon, which included a most delectable lobster cappuccino.
Each of the Okanagan Arts Award winners was presented with an exquisitely designed glass award created by Lake Country Glass Artist Bruce Taiji.
There were 45 nominees.
The 2013 Okanagan Arts Award winners are:
- Media Arts Award: David Mcilvride
- Music Award: Craig Thomson
- Literary Arts Award: Sterling Haynes
- Dance Award: Vicki View
- Visual Arts Award: Crystal Przybille
- Design Award: Trevor Butler
- Theatre Award: Matt Brown
- Castanet 2013 - Supporter of the Arts Award: Robert MacDonald
- Arts Educator Award: Michelle Loughery
- Central Okanagan Foundation Arts Association Award: Creator’s Art Centre
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Robert Dow Reid
For more information check out the Arts Council of the Central Okanagan.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19