Mar 3, 2013 / 9:29 pm
JC Lipon scored three times and Cole Cheveldave blocked all 25 shots he faced as the Kamloops Blazers blanked the visiting Kelowna Rockets 3-0 Sunday night.
The win moved the Blazers back to within three points of the Rockets atop the Western Hockey League's BC Division.
It's the third win for the Blazers over the Rockets in the last two weeks.
The two teams close out their season long series with back-to-back games Friday in Kamloops and Saturday back at Prospera Place.
Lipon scored twice in the opening period in a five minute span before the game was 10 minutes old.
He salted the game away early in the third period on a power-play with both Colton Sissons and Damon Severson sitting in the penalty box.
The Blazers, playing their third game in as many nights, shut down the Rockets in the final period, allowing only six shots.
Kelowna has now lost six of their last 12 games, all to teams in the top four in the Western Conference standings.
Over that span they have managed wins against Lethbridge, Seattle, Victoria (twice) and Everett (twice), teams which have combined to average 26 wins on the season, 20 fewer than the Rockets.
Kelowna plays host to Victoria Wednesday before what could be the division determining series with the Blazers.
The Rockets have six games remaining in the regular season while the Blazers have five to go.
Read more Sports News
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Penticton Lakers
- Okanagan College Coyotes
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Westside Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Kelowna Ball Hockey
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Sunplex Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Lake Country Old-Timers Hockey Association
- Orchard City Hockey League
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan All Stars Hockey Club
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
- Kelowna Women's Soccer
- Kelowna Men's Soccer
- Okanagan Challenge
- Kelowna United FC
- Central Okanagan Youth
- Kelowna Youth Soccer
- Westside Youth Soccer
- Rutland Youth Soccer
- Lake Country Youth Soccer
- Penticton Soccer Club
- South Okanagan Similkameen Youth Soccer
- Thompson Okanagan Football Club
- Sunplex Futsal League
- Pepsi Premier Soccer League
- CSA | FIFA | MLS
- Kelowna AquaJets
- Liquid Lightning Swim Club
- Ogopogo Summer Swim Club
- Okanagan Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Badminton Club
- The Penticton Yacht & Tennis
- OK Mission Tennis
- Lakeview Heights Tennis
- Vernon Tennis Association
- Squash BC Okanagan League
- ESPN Tennis
Does your local team have a website?
Email us to add your community sports link.
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us email@example.com for publication here.
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown bid with upset Preakness win
- Rangers try to solve power play woes
- Rivalry to be renewed as Nadal faces Federer in Italian Open final
- Top #hockeynight tweets from Saturday
- Red Wings even series with Game 2 win in Chicago
- Sweden, Switzerland will play for world hockey gold
- Vincenzo Nibali extends lead in Giro d'Italia
- Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce wins at Diamond League meet
- Eric Staal suffered MCL sprain, avoids surgery
- Wrestling rules changed to keep sport in Olympics
- Watch & Chat: Penguins at Senators, Game 3
- Stanley Cup Stories: Crosby helps Penguins fly
(Click for RSS instructions.)