Mar 3, 2013 / 2:15 pm
Quebec provincial police say the standoff that started after a police officer was killed in northern Quebec has ended.
Sgt. Daniel Thibodeau says the man involved in the standoff was found dead inside the home in Kuujjuaq, Que. this afternoon.
Officers had blocked off the area after an officer was shot and killed late Saturday while responding to a domestic dispute involving a man and a woman.
The officer who was killed has been identified as 27-year-old Steve Dery of Ottawa.
A second officer was wounded but his injuries aren't life threatening.
Police say the woman managed to escape from the home without injury.
Read more Canada News
- Military supplies stuck in Afghanistan
- Public raising funds to buy alleged video
- Antipsychotic drug recalled in Canada
- Search resumes for missing fishermen
- PM's chief of staff resigns
- Astronaut adjusting to 'earthling' life
- Elijah Harper's body will lie in state
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire