Mar 3, 2013 / 2:05 pm
The Canadian Cancer Society’s Relay For Life 2013 begins Tuesday, March 5 at Fairfield Inn & Suites, 1655 Powick Rd Kelowna.
Relay For Life is an inspirational, non-competitive, 12-hour overnight fundraising event that brings you and your community together to celebrate life and fight cancer. Relay has a festival-like atmosphere that your family, friends and co-workers can enjoy regardless of age or fitness level.
Teams of 10-15 people gather with cancer survivors at their local track, stadium or sports field and take turns walking laps all night. Each team keeps at least one member on the track at all times, while all around them the party is in full swing. Teams stay overnight in the decorated tent city, united to enjoy music, food, activities and entertainment and to celebrate life.
Schedule of Events:
5:00pm – 5:30pm
- Mix and Mingle with Wine and Appies
- Meet your 2013 Relay Committee
- Guest Speaker
- Inspirational Video
- Thank you to our Sponsors and Guests
- Social with wine and snacks
- Luminary Sales
- Team Registration
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national community-based organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
If you would like to know more about cancer, visit this website or call the toll free, bilingual Cancer Information Service at 1-888-939-3333.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21