Mar 3, 2013 / 7:12 am
A police officer with a regional force was shot and killed after responding to a domestic dispute in northern Quebec.
Sgt. Ronald McInnis of Quebec provincial police says a second officer was wounded but will be OK.
McInnis says the officers with the regional force KRPF were shot after responding to the call about 9 p.m. Saturday night in Kuujjuaq, Que.
They were taken to hospital, where one officer died. McInnis says no information is available about the officers.
Quebec provincial police remain at the scene today and have not been able to make contact with the man inside.
McInnis says the woman managed to escape and is all right.
Read more Canada News
- Montreal Mayor faces 14 charges
- Canada fights online child sex abuse
- Montreal Mayor arrested at his home
- Montreal plot to strike at armoured cars
- Team Canada beats USA, sweeps series
- Harper, G8 propose to fight tax havens
- Feds want permanent secrecy in place
- Trudeau vows to repay charities
- Terry Fox preps Chinese for Canada
- Mystery men in Ford photo identified
- Quebec soccer scraps turban ban
- Syria moved to top of G8 agenda