Mar 3, 2013 / 7:12 am
A police officer with a regional force was shot and killed after responding to a domestic dispute in northern Quebec.
Sgt. Ronald McInnis of Quebec provincial police says a second officer was wounded but will be OK.
McInnis says the officers with the regional force KRPF were shot after responding to the call about 9 p.m. Saturday night in Kuujjuaq, Que.
They were taken to hospital, where one officer died. McInnis says no information is available about the officers.
Quebec provincial police remain at the scene today and have not been able to make contact with the man inside.
McInnis says the woman managed to escape and is all right.
Read more Canada News
- Girlfriend testifies on gang murders
- Duffy is recovering after heart surgery
- Senator crashes car on Parliament Hill
- Don't compare Marion Barry to Rob Ford
- Suspended senator becomes reporter
- Town mourns 4 teens killed in crash
- Obese yet healthy a myth says study
- Ont. man arrested for murder of BC man
- Canadian man accused of espionage
- Harper sings, but he doesn't dance
- Inmate takes hostage at Edmonton jail
- Cdn torture policy irks security alliance