Mar 3, 2013 / 8:16 am
A northbound driver lost control of their car Saturday shortly before 5 p.m. and ended up at the top of the "Kelowna" sign on Highway 97 and Old Vernon Rd.
Zeena Hakim says, "It was crazy we didn't see what happened, we were coming down Sexsmith (and we saw) a fire truck and police, we never expected to see something like this. We thought it was an accident in the intersection, but once we stopped at the red light that's what we saw lol, very odd."
Another witness, Patryk Norek says, "From what i could tell standing on the side of the road, the vehicle ended up in the Kelowna sign in the tall trees. I didn't see how it happened, but saw the end result. Unsure of how many people were in the vehicle at the time but fire, ambulance, and police were all there and extracting someone from the vehicle. Two tow trucks were called to safely remove the vehicle and to prevent it from rolling down the hill."
Send photos and video to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15