Mar 2, 2013 / 7:08 pm
Surrey police are investigating the stabbing of a 17-year-old boy who was apparently approached by a man attempting to borrow a cigarette.
RCMP Staff Sgt. Murray Hedderson says the teen was hit on the head and stabbed in the abdomen when he couldn't provide a cigarette.
Hedderson says the suspect ran off, and the teen walked to a nearby home to have police called after the incident Friday night.
He says the youth was transported to hospital by ambulance for non-life threatening injuries.
Read more BC News
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
- Search for BC teen continues
- Juror excused at BC ferry sinking trial
- Body found following swimming tragedy
- 72-hour strike notice given to FortisBC
(Click for RSS instructions.)