Mar 1, 2013 / 6:55 am
Philadelphia police say one person is dead and another is hurt after a driver opened fire into a crowd of people gathered around the tour bus of rapper French Montana.
Investigators say it happened late Thursday night as the entourage had arrived at a hotel after the rapper had headlined a show at the Theatre of Living Arts. Chief Inspector Scott Small says a crowd formed around the bus, a car pulled up and someone opened fire.
A 27-year-old man was hit in the abdomen and later pronounced dead. Another man was hit in the shoulder. Their names haven't been released.
Police say they don't think the rapper or his entourage were targeted and neither victim appeared to be with the rapper's group.
Small says one man may have returned fire.
Read more World News
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- Pope decries banks over people
- French gay marriage law signed
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
- North Korea fires 3 short-range missiles
(Click for RSS instructions.)