Feb 27, 2013 / 4:39 pm
The skating rink at Stuart Park will close this afternoon (Wednesday), a day earlier than previously announced.
“The ice is too soft as a result of the sunshine and mild temperatures we’re getting during the day,” says Building Services Manager Martin Johansen.
“We had hoped to keep it open until Thursday, but it’s just not feasible.”
A City of Kelowna crew will begin removing the ice this afternoon and evening.
Those who love skating can continue by visiting other skating facilities, including Memorial Arena, Rutland Arena and the Capital News Centre during public skating times.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17
- Weather Report Jun 17
- Motorcycle, deer collide near Rutland Jun 16
- Bee gone Bernard honey makers Jun 16