Feb 27, 2013 / 12:55 pm
Stuart Park skating rink closes for the season Thursday, but Kasugai Gardens will be open, a sure sign that spring is around the corner.
The Japanese garden located off Queensway Boulevard east of City Hall is open daily starting March 1, and closes Oct. 31 to allow maintenance over the winter.
Kasugai Gardens provides a tranquil environment featuring traditional elements of a Japanese garden such as stone lanterns, pine trees and a waterfall and pond.
The gardens were completed in 1987 to symbolize the friendship between Kelowna and Kasugai, Japan, sister cities since 1981.
For more information about city parks and public spaces, visit kelowna.ca/parks.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19