Feb 27, 2013 / 6:47 am
Superlative-hungry Dubai is adding another to its list: A 72-story hotel billed as the world's tallest.
The JW Marriott's Marquis Dubai formally opened Tuesday after gaining the title of tallest hotel from Guinness World Records.
At 355 metres (1,099 feet), the hotel would tower over skylines in most cities. But in Dubai, it sits in the shadow of its more than twice-as-high neighbour, the Burj Khalif, the world's tallest skyscraper at 828 metres (2,717 feet).
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||0.55||-0.03|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.54||0.00|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.52||-0.16|
The majority of Canadians prefer to make their big move during the summer season. There are a variety of reasons for choosing this time of year: it is easier to transport boxes in non-icy condition...
It appears as though more people these days are looking for an investment in real estate which offers cash flow returns. The fundamentals of cash flow type properties had been turned upsi...
Getintheloop Marketing Ltd. recently launched their membership platform, Getintheloop.ca. The new website offers an exclusive members area for access to discounts in the South Okanagan on premium res...
- Taxman and the offshore tax havens
- Sharktopus views turns on YouTube TV
- Social media makes Disney blink
- BCE looks to cut $170 million
- TD Bank: Loonie could fall to 90 cents US
- Mixed results for North American markets
- Ex-Enron CEO cuts new deal
- Canadian dollar nudges upward
- Microsoft extends agreement with Yahoo
- Iamgold profits drop 91 per cent in Q1
- Rogers puts pressure on Bell Astral deal
- Beer company roots for Canadian teams