Feb 26, 2013 / 7:35 am
A man is facing attempted murder charges after a shooting incident in Cranbrook on Feb. 24.
The incident happened at approximately 2:30 a.m., and police determined a shot had been fired into an apartment on the third floor of a complex on King Street West.
A 47-year-old Cranbrook resident was found hiding in the area and was arrested; officers also found the firearm used in the incident.
No one was injured, but three people were inside the apartment at the time of the shooting.
Through the investigation, police determined the suspect and one of the people inside the apartment knew each other and this is not believed to be a random act.
A search warrant was executed for the suspects residence and further evidence was obtained, but police aren’t saying exactly what was found. They have also added a charge of careless use of a firearm.
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)