Feb 26, 2013 / 7:35 am
A man is facing attempted murder charges after a shooting incident in Cranbrook on Feb. 24.
The incident happened at approximately 2:30 a.m., and police determined a shot had been fired into an apartment on the third floor of a complex on King Street West.
A 47-year-old Cranbrook resident was found hiding in the area and was arrested; officers also found the firearm used in the incident.
No one was injured, but three people were inside the apartment at the time of the shooting.
Through the investigation, police determined the suspect and one of the people inside the apartment knew each other and this is not believed to be a random act.
A search warrant was executed for the suspects residence and further evidence was obtained, but police aren’t saying exactly what was found. They have also added a charge of careless use of a firearm.
Read more BC News
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
- Kamloops man shot in leg
- Mounties shoot man on SkyTrain
- Targeted shooting at a Coquitlam home
(Click for RSS instructions.)