Feb 25, 2013 / 7:21 pm
7:20 P.M.: A power outage in the downtown core of Kelowna has been resolved after crews repaired an overloaded circuit.
6:45 P.M.: According to FortisBC spokesperson Michael Allison, crews are on site determining the cause of the outage and will work as long as it takes to restore power to the affected areas.
- Bernard Ave.
- Ethel St.
- Graham St.
- Highland Dr.
- Larson Ave.
Traffic lights are also out along Bernard from Pandosy to Gordon.
A two vehicle accident at Ethel and Bernard could have been caused by the outage.
Cst. Tim Churchill says the vehicles were coming to the intersection when the traffic lights went out.
"They inadvertently collided, both drivers are alright."
We will have more details as they become available.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Dangerous Dog Act challenged May 23
- Early morning fire May 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21