Feb 25, 2013 / 7:21 pm
7:20 P.M.: A power outage in the downtown core of Kelowna has been resolved after crews repaired an overloaded circuit.
6:45 P.M.: According to FortisBC spokesperson Michael Allison, crews are on site determining the cause of the outage and will work as long as it takes to restore power to the affected areas.
- Bernard Ave.
- Ethel St.
- Graham St.
- Highland Dr.
- Larson Ave.
Traffic lights are also out along Bernard from Pandosy to Gordon.
A two vehicle accident at Ethel and Bernard could have been caused by the outage.
Cst. Tim Churchill says the vehicles were coming to the intersection when the traffic lights went out.
"They inadvertently collided, both drivers are alright."
We will have more details as they become available.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7
- Creating community Dec 7