Feb 25, 2013 / 4:40 pm
RCMP have identified a 29-year-old man whose body was found on a road in Surrey, on Sunday.
Twenty-nine-year-old Amritpal Saran of Delta was known to police, but had no known gang links.
Cpl. Adam MacIntosh says the reasons for Saran's death remain a mystery and the cause isn't being released.
He says police are trying to trace the last days and hours of Saran's life in an effort to determine the motive and who may be responsible for the crime.
Mounties are asking anyone with information to contact them.
Police are investigating several murders in Surrey so far this year, and have said they're concerned that innocent bystanders may be hurt in the crossfire.
Read more BC News
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
- ATV rider swept over falls, killed
- Evacuation order lifted near Ashcroft
- Rock hits tent killing girl, 10 and her dad
- Hwy. 97C at Ashcroft is open
- Fisherman catches a body in his net
- Forest fire Evacuation Alert now an Order
- Artifacts stolen from God's house
- Evacuation alert in Thompson-Nicola
(Click for RSS instructions.)