Feb 25, 2013 / 3:13 pm
Langley RCMP is requesting the assistance of the public to identify an individual believed to be responsible for a robbery that took place in the parking lot of Colossus, January 27.
Two parties arranged to meet at approximately 1:00 a.m. to exchange jewelry advertised on Craigslist.
The female buyer arrived accompanied by a male companion.
The victim offered the chain for viewing and the male suspect grabbed the chain and pepper-sprayed them both.
The suspects fled in a light grey, older model pickup truck with extended cab.
The male is described as being approximately 23 years old, 5’8”, 170 lbs., with short light brown hair, a very short beard, and wearing black pants and hoody.
The female is also believed to be in her early 20’s, approximately 5’6”, 135 lbs., bleached blond hair, wearing blue jeans and a hoody with a yellow logo.
The victims worked with a sketch artist and a composite drawing of the male suspect has been prepared to further the investigation.
Police are asking that the public study the composite and photographs and call Langley RCMP if you are able to assist with this investigation.
Should you need to remain anonymous, please call Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
RCMP wishes to inform that although the majority of Craigslist users are trustworthy and well-intentioned, it is very important to take the same precautions online as you would offline.
When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to:
- Insist on a public meeting place like a café,
- Do not meet in a secluded place, or invite strangers into your home,
- Be especially careful when buying / selling high value items,
- Tell a friend or family member where you are going,
- Take your cell phone with you if you have one,
- Consider having a friend accompany you,
- Trust your instincts.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)