Feb 25, 2013 / 12:26 pm
The estranged wife of a police officer accused of plotting to kidnap, kill and eat women has told a New York City jury that she went to the FBI after finding disturbing material on his computer.
Kathleen Mangan wept while on the stand Monday. She is the first government witness at the federal kidnapping conspiracy trial of Officer Gilberto Valle.
Prosecutors have accused the 28-year-old Valle of plotting to abduct, torture and eat dozens of women, including his wife. He claims he was only indulging in a fantasy shared online by thousands of others visitors to Internet fetish sites.
Valle wiped his brow and put his head in his hands as he listened to his wife' testimony.
Read more World News
- James Caan revisits the '70s at Cannes
- Military sex abuse victims seek care
- Did North Korea launch missiles?
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma
- Wave of attacks in Iraq, kill at least 70
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- Pope decries banks over people
- French gay marriage law signed
(Click for RSS instructions.)