Vernon and North Okanagan
Feb 25, 2013 / 11:49 am
A 31-year-old Vernon woman has a Monday morning court date after she was found to be in possession of drugs and cash.
Vernon RCMP initially detained the woman Friday night after she was found to be in an area of the city off limits to her.
The woman was a passenger in a vehicle stopped in the area of 31 Avenue and 29 Street about 9 p.m. Friday.
She was found to be in breach of her red zone conditions because of prior infractions.
"The suspect was detained and found to be in possession of crack cocaine," says RCMP spokesman, Gord Molendyk.
"A total of just over 27 grams of cocaine and $1,000 in cash were seized."
Molendyk says a second female passenger arrested by the same officer for driving while prohibited and possession of drugs was released without charges.
The suspect was held in custody over the weekend on charges of possession of cocaine and breach of bail conditions.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Two people pulled from Shuswap River Jun 17
- Fire ban set for Kamloops Fire Centre Jun 15
- Sawmill fire destroys building Jun 14
- RCMP officer faces child porn charge Jun 14
- In memory of Taylor Jun 14
- Sunshine will be out this weekend Jun 13
- Structural issues shut down theatre Jun 12