Feb 25, 2013 / 9:46 am
One man is recovering from bullet wounds after a drive-by shooting in downtown Victoria.
Police say the incident occurred just after 1 a.m. in the 900 block of Douglas Street.
Officers responding to calls of multiple shots fired saw a vehicle fleeing from the scene, but by the time it could be tracked, the occupants were gone, although a weapon believed linked to the shooting was found.
A woman was also taken into custody, but investigators say there is no sign of the suspect.
Victoria Police have roped off several blocks of Douglas Street and say the area will remain behind police tape for most of the day.
They have not revealed a motive for the shooting or identified the victim, but say he has non-life threatening injuries.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)