Feb 25, 2013 / 7:19 am
Motorists heading towards Vancouver or Calgary today will have to make alternative plans as both Highway 1 and Highway 5 will be closed in both directions.
DriveBC is reporting that Highway 1 will be closed for avalanche control over a 43.8 kilometre stretch from the West Boundary of Glacier National Park to the East Boundary of the park. This will be from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with individual closures expected of between two to four hours.
Highway 5 will also be conducting avalanche control in both directions from Exit 177, Junction with Highway 3 near Hope and extending all the way to Merritt. This will be from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. A detour will be available via Highway 1 and Highway 8.
Read more BC News
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
(Click for RSS instructions.)