Feb 23, 2013 / 9:48 pm
The goal starved Kelowna Rockets found a cure in the porous Victoria Royals defence.
After scoring just 14 goals in their previous seven games, the Rockets exploded this weekend with 15 goals in two games in the provincial capital.
The Rockets beat up on the hometown Royals 7-2 Saturday a night after pouring in eight against the hometown Royals.
Cody Fowlie and Tyrell Goulbourne jump started the offence Saturday.
Fowlie scored twice and added an assist while Gouldbourne had a goal and two helpers.
Colton Sissons, Tyson Baillie, Jesse Lees and Mackenzie Johnston also scored for the Rockets.
Lees' goal gives him 10 on the season - the 12th Rocket to hit the 10 goals mark this season.
The Rockets jumped on the Royals quickly scoring two early power-play goals while building a 3-0 lead before the game was six minutes old.
Victoria cut the deficit to one before Lees and Fowlie re-established the three goal lead before the second period was over.
Goulbourne and Johnston closed out the scoring in the third.
Jordon Cooke faced just 28 shots in earning his second straight victory.
The teams combined for 96 minutes in penalties Saturday a far cry from the 174 minutes called Friday night.
Saturday's win allowed the Rockets to stretch their lead atop the BC Division to five points over the Blazers after Kamloops fell 2-0 in Spokane.
Both teams have 10 games remaining including three head-to-head contests early next month.
The Rockets look to build on their two game winning streak when they return to Prospera Place Thursday to host the Seattle Thunderbirds in what could be a first round playoff preview.
Read more Sports News
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Penticton Lakers
- Okanagan College Coyotes
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Westside Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Kelowna Ball Hockey
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Sunplex Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Lake Country Old-Timers Hockey Association
- Orchard City Hockey League
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan All Stars Hockey Club
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
- Kelowna Women's Soccer
- Kelowna Men's Soccer
- Okanagan Challenge
- Kelowna United FC
- Central Okanagan Youth
- Kelowna Youth Soccer
- Westside Youth Soccer
- Rutland Youth Soccer
- Lake Country Youth Soccer
- Penticton Soccer Club
- South Okanagan Similkameen Youth Soccer
- Thompson Okanagan Football Club
- Sunplex Futsal League
- Pepsi Premier Soccer League
- CSA | FIFA | MLS
- Kelowna AquaJets
- Liquid Lightning Swim Club
- Ogopogo Summer Swim Club
- Okanagan Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Badminton Club
- The Penticton Yacht & Tennis
- OK Mission Tennis
- Lakeview Heights Tennis
- Vernon Tennis Association
- Squash BC Okanagan League
- ESPN Tennis
Does your local team have a website?
Email us to add your community sports link.
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us firstname.lastname@example.org for publication here.
- Keegan Bradley up 3 strokes heading to final round of Byron Nelson
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown bid with upset Preakness win
- Rangers try to solve power play woes
- Rivalry to be renewed as Nadal faces Federer in Italian Open final
- Top #hockeynight tweets from Saturday
- Red Wings even series with Game 2 win in Chicago
- Sweden, Switzerland will play for world hockey gold
- Vincenzo Nibali extends lead in Giro d'Italia
- Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce wins at Diamond League meet
- Eric Staal suffered MCL sprain, avoids surgery
- Wrestling rules changed to keep sport in Olympics
- Watch & Chat: Penguins at Senators, Game 3
(Click for RSS instructions.)