Feb 22, 2013 / 9:13 pm
An eastern Ohio father has been sentenced to six months in prison for punishing his three children by forcing them into plastic storage boxes sealed with duct tape and a square cut in the top for air.
The Steubenville Herald-Star reports that 30-year-old James A. Taylor was sentenced Thursday and also must serve two years' probation.
Taylor and 26-year-old Samantha M. Taylor, the children's stepmother, pleaded guilty last month to charges including felony child endangerment. She has not yet been sentenced.
Authorities said the children, ages 5, 6 and 8, were crammed into the boxes as punishment June 16 at the family home in Steubenville while the parents went to the grocery store and left two adults with them. A friend arrived and contacted police. The children are now living with other relatives.
Read more World News
- Penn urges US to pressure Bolivia
- Missing in Mexico
- United Airlines resumes 787 flights
- Jackson concerts cost AEG $24M
- Oklahoma school takes direct hit
- James Caan revisits the '70s at Cannes
- Military sex abuse victims seek care
- Did North Korea launch missiles?
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma
- Wave of attacks in Iraq, kill at least 70
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
(Click for RSS instructions.)