Feb 22, 2013 / 9:13 pm
An eastern Ohio father has been sentenced to six months in prison for punishing his three children by forcing them into plastic storage boxes sealed with duct tape and a square cut in the top for air.
The Steubenville Herald-Star reports that 30-year-old James A. Taylor was sentenced Thursday and also must serve two years' probation.
Taylor and 26-year-old Samantha M. Taylor, the children's stepmother, pleaded guilty last month to charges including felony child endangerment. She has not yet been sentenced.
Authorities said the children, ages 5, 6 and 8, were crammed into the boxes as punishment June 16 at the family home in Steubenville while the parents went to the grocery store and left two adults with them. A friend arrived and contacted police. The children are now living with other relatives.
Read more World News
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche
- World leaders pay tribute to Mandela
- Sound sleeper locked inside empty plane
- Guilty plea in ricin-laced letters sent
- World leaders gather in South Africa
- NY reporters sue Homeland Security
- Justin Bieber arrives in Philippines
- Congress renews undetectable gun ban
(Click for RSS instructions.)